Sunday, October 11, 2009

Roxanne Shauntay Speaks Up and Out about her PhD situation

shanteAccording to EUR Web:

A rep for Shante explained that Cornell’s Web site had posted a picture of the artist and listed her name as “Dr. Shante,” when in fact, she “didn’t receive the years of education to constitute a PhD. She did not falsely promote herself as a PhD, but rather she continued what the college started in how they basically said she was a doctor.”

On Thursday, Shante sent us the following statement responding to the controversy:

I would like to thank my long time fans and supporters for your continued support. I am humbled and grateful to all of you for that.

Without going into all of the details as of right now, I would like to apologize that this story regarding my post recording career has caused such a ruckus. The entire story will be revealed at a later time.

Throughout my career and life, I have been faced with many challenges, both professionally and personally. Like all of you, I am human, and may have not made the correct decision all the time. And, like anyone else, I would like to think that my entire life or career is not judged by one error or mistake.

It is very easy to criticize someone and I have left myself open to criticism. That is fair.

There are plenty of people that will attest that I have done a lot for them. It seems though, that negativity gets more attention than positivity.

All I can say to that, is before you level any further criticism and cynicism, walk in my shoes. I am making this statement to apologize to the people that truly care about me for any angst that this situation has caused, and to thank them for their continued support. I am proud of what I have been able to do for so many others, and would like to let those persons know that I will continue to be there for them no matter what.

I am proud that during my twenty plus years as a pioneer in the Hip-Hop industry to have opened doors for those who came after me.

I will have no further statement in regards to this matter at this time

Please contact my management at Spydo Music xxx-xxx-xxxx or my publicist Belinda Foster at xxxx for any further inquiry.

Regards,

Roxanne Shante

No comments: