Monday, October 4, 2010

TI Might Go to Prison, But Would Lindsay or Paris?

by Dr. Boyce Watkins, Syracuse University 

It's being reported that the rapper T.I. (aka Clifford Harris) has a probation revocation hearing coming up on October 15. The rapper was arrested for drug possession with his wife, Tameka "Tiny" Cottle. The incident occurred on September 2 of this year, and they were allegedly in possession of Codeine, Ecstasy and Marijuana, which was uncovered in what police say was a routine traffic stop.
I spoke with someone who is familiar with the case against T.I. I asked him if T.I. was going back to prison. He said that while he isn't sure what the rapper's fate will be, there is an inherent contradiction in his case. While we can almost expect that T.I. will be punished for his latest violation of the law, the same can't be said for other celebs, like Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton. Both of these young women have been arrested time and time again for one offense after another. In each case, they are typically given a slap on the wrist.

Click to read.

No comments: