Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Madam Prezident Discusses the Lack of Women in Hip Hop

Dr. Boyce Watkins on AOL Black Voices: Hip Hop Women

by Dr. Boyce Watkins, Syracuse UniversityScholarship in Action 

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why there are no women in hip hop. I've asked this question of some of my friends in the game, but none of them seem to have a good answer. So, I figured that I would do the same thing I did with my mother when I was a child: Keep asking the question until the answer starts to make sense.
There is a plethora of talented artists in hip hop, but most of them are men. We know that women possess the talent to be successful, and we simply have to give them the opportunity. Well, this is the topic that I am going to discuss today with Madam Prezident, aka Shanelle Walker. She is an amazing spoken word and hip hop artist and represents one of the most talented artists in the world today.

 

Click to read

 

Visit Your Black World for black news, black politics, and black celebrity gossip!

No comments: